We Reopened on June 3!
Please review the changes we are making to protect you, our staff, and the community.
Your Health and Safety Are Our Top Priorities
As we welcome you back to our office, we want you to feel confident in knowing we’re committed to maintaining a safe environment. We’re implementing extra precautions above the standard recommendation to ensure this.
Our office has always followed the highest infection control standards and will continue to monitor the guidelines set forth by CDC, ADA, and OSHA. Their guidelines are instrumental in keeping you safe as well as preventing the spread of any infection.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with what’s changing, and if you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to call us: (717) 627-3113 .
Here’s What You Can Expect
- Before your appointment, we’ll ask you a series of health screening questions. If you have a fever or symptoms of illness, we’ll ask you to delay your appointment.
- Patient forms are available online to limit contact.
- We’re charging a nominal $8.00 fee to cover additional PPE required for safety.
- Please don’t bring anyone with you to the appointment. Guests will be asked to wait outside the office (exceptions will be made for dependents).
- When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your car and call us to check-in. We’ll let you know when we’re ready for you.
- Please wear a mask or face covering when you arrive at our office.
- We’ll check your temperature upon arrival.
- Once seated in the operatory, you’ll be asked to remove your mask, wash your hands for 20 seconds, and use a 1% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse for 60 seconds.
- Hygienists will not be using the aerosol producing ultrasonic scaler for cleaning appointments.
- We’re altering our schedule to reduce the number of patients in the office at once. This will help us social distance and maintain infection control.
- Please keep this in mind when scheduling or rescheduling.
- Our hours of operation remain the same.
- All staff will be screened and have their temperature taken daily.
- Office staff will wear a mask at all times.
- Clinical staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- All staff will be trained and continually updated on office protocols.
- After every patient, we’ll thoroughly disinfect the exam room, door handles, surfaces, etc.
- We’re adding more frequent disinfecting cycles.
- We’ve upgraded our air filtration systems with Reme-Halo UV air purification, which kills up to 99% of viruses, bacteria, and mold in the air. We’ve also installed a portable HEPA filter, have capability for two negative pressure operatories to remove aerosols, and use high level fogging to decontaminate operatories.
- You’ll notice we’ve rearranged our reception area to abide by social distancing guidelines, and no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
We’re Here for You
We look forward to serving you again. While much has changed during this pandemic and may continue to change, one thing that has remained constant is the commitment to the safety of our patients, dental team, and community.
We apologize for any delays in scheduling your appointment and ask for your patience as we work to reappoint treatment and appointments interrupted by the shutdown.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We want you to feel informed and confident in your healthcare decisions.